Monday, November 2, 2009

I can see clearly now




During Open Studios Tour I had one assemblage piece that I had just started so that I could let peeps see what one of my pieces in it's beginning stage looks like. Basically I had constructed the box and I had the first coat of a mixture of gel medium and molding paste (with a touch of sawdust for texture) brushed over the entire box. And I had the nine doll heads for this piece decapitated and I had filled their empty heads with bondo and resin and made wire sprout from each head with a rusted bell hanging from each wire. And of course I knew what the text was going to be..."Moments Of Clarity". DING! But at Open Studios time I still had no idea what background I would use for the piece and of course the box needed all it's finished paint, glaze, and wax coating. So here I am one month later with that beginning assemblage in all it's finished glory.

3 comments:

Carla Trujillo said...

Very awesome piece!! Love your use of doll heads!

Unknown said...

fascinating... love the work... wish i were still in your neighborhood so that i could come stick my nose up close to each of your pieces!

happy saturday!
julee

Jada Cook said...

This is a great post, thanks for sharing it