Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Journeys




So I've discovered taxidermy forms. About a twenty minute drive from my Boulder home is the Jonas Brothers warehouse and I have had the slightly macabre pleasure of roaming the aisles of the warehouse stacked high with molded animal parts.

During a recent visit I acquired a beast from their bargain room that I believe is a deer...or something close to the deer family. Riding this beast is a brave figure who may not know the exact nature of the beast she is riding, and who might not know the way through the forest, and might not even know where she will end up. But she is brave because she has the courage to move forward regardless. May we all have such courage.

1 comment:

sf said...

Hey Pat, love this piece! Miss you!
Got anything you want us to show off in the Winter Holiday issue of Pasticcio?